English Teacher

Gold Coast, Qld – Lismore, NSW

about May 12, 2009

Speak Better English!

* Have you recently arrived in Australia?

* Are you having problems understanding Australians?

* Are you looking for someone who can help you improve your English speaking and listening


You can practice your spoken English with me!

Hi. My name is Karyn and I am an Australian native speaker. I have over 5 years experience

tutoring Asian and Latino students how to improve English speaking skills through conversation.

Join me for a 1 to 2-hour English conversation practice in Lismore/Nimbin, at a cafe, bar, home, the University or another place in the CBD that you are most happy.

Ask any questions about any subject!

You can meet me every day, or every week or every month! At a time that is best for you. And we can start or stop at any time. There is no obligation and you only need to pay per session.

Email: senioritacarinyo [at] gmail [dot] com

Or visit my website at: https://profesoraingles.wordpress.com/

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

– Señorita Karyn, yo.
Señorita Cariño is Australian and has lived in Barcelona & Madrid in Spain, Phuket & Bangkok in Thailand, and in the Central Deserts of Australia around  Alice Springs. I have been teaching English for five years in Central Australia, Asia & Spain. I have tutored literacy and numeracy as well as history, geography and art in primary, secondary and tertiary level (University). This blog is to share information with my students and colleagues. I also provide English language writing services – writing, proof reading, editing and copy writing.


2 Responses to “about”

  1. Jimbo Says:

    Hi Señorita Cariño,

    I was perusing the forums and blogs about information on attaining the proper work permits to work in Spain as an Australian citizen, and everywhere I have looked, it seems as though it is almost impossible, unless you choose to work there illegally. I really want to go Spain as well, as I´ve spent some time studying it during university, and I just wanted to ask for your experience, and how you were able to attain work. (Not sure if this post will actually reach you, but fingers crossed!) – Thanks so much, btw

    • profesoraingles Says:

      Hi Jimbo,
      Lucky for me I’m a dual citizen, British-Australian so my British passport allowed me to live and work in Spain legally. Otherwise, if you have a degree and you get a job in a university or international school you can get a working visa in this way. Alternatively you may find an Australian job you can do remotely such as travel writing, so you get paid in Australian dollars into an Australian bank account. If none of these options are suitable you may be better off to get a working holiday visa for England and travel to Spain for your holidays.
      Best of luck

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s